We fast to focus on God. As simple as that sounds, the reality is that our lives are full of distractions. Some weeks, checking off our to-do list feels next to impossible, let alone trying to focus on God and what He wants for our lives. We want to intentionally put something down that has taken our attention in order to listen more intently to God’s voice.
Fasting is not a legalistic exercise or a new diet designed to shed those extra holiday pounds. It is not a ritual aimed at taking the fun out of your life or robbing you of something you enjoy.
Fasting is a chance to temporarily remove something you consume or an activity you participate in so you can spend more time and energy focusing on God.
1. Pray and ask God to help you discern what He would have you abstain from for the next 21 days.
2. Invite somebody in your life to keep you accountable to your fast.
3. Name what you are praying and believing God for in your life during this time of fasting.
1. Follow the guide to daily devote yourself to God’s word, using the Life Journal to explore scriptures that will guide you through the fast.
2. Every day of the fast, we will take 10 minutes to pray at 10am. This time of prayer will be focused on the Prayer Point of the day as listed in the guide. Use #Fellowship10at10